The Metaphysical Church does not accept the Bible as the infallible word of God, but as an inspired collection of stories based on the spiritual laws of the Universe seeking to help man unfold his own sense of divinity.
1. We believe in God as Infinite Intelligence. (Not a personified being sitting upon a throne–neither male nor female but containing both–thus we say, ”Father-Mother God.”)
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence. (God, God, God, there is naught else but God! This includes the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms.)
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
4. We believe in personal responsibility and that we create our own happiness or unhappiness as we live in harmony or discord with natural physical and spiritual laws. ( We do not accept vicarious atonement! We are personally responsible and cannot be acquitted from the results of our choices by merely repeating empty words that are usually induced by fear.
Ignorance is no excuse of the law! That refers to the spiritual law as well. As long as we are ignorant or indifferent to the spiritual laws of the universe we will continue to create the negative and suffer the results.)
5. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continues after leaving the physical wortld. ( Moses and Elias continued to exist after death and were able to be personally identified when they appeared to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. Every person who has ever repeated the Apostles Creed which says, ‘I believe in the communion of saints’ has acknowledged communication with the so-called dead.)
6. We affirm that communication with Spirit is a natural experience & is demonstrated through mediumship.
7. We affirm that examples of prophesy and healing found in the Bible and other Sacred Texts are Divine attributes found in all people.
8. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
9. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is always open to any soul here or hereafter. ( We can begin our spiritual progression here and now. It also means we do not accept “eternal damnation.”
We can and must correct whatever we have done amiss to ourselves and to our fellow man. It can be done here on earth or after we pass to the higher life, but it means we are not eternally punished, etc.)
We recommend the George M. Lamsa’s translation of the Holy Bible from the ancient Aramaic text. ”Greater things than I have done, ye shall do also!”